Happy New Year!
Did you make any New Year’s resolutions this year? I made a few, nothing too serious.
I really wanted this year to be a bit more fun and relaxed. Last year was super crazy busy and I can’t believe all the stuff I crammed in that one year.
Balance. I have a hard time getting balance in my life. I usually have tunnel vision when I’m concentrating fully on something…anything..sometimes I concentrate to much on my blog and neglect friendships or having fun or not spending enough quality fun time with my kiddos. Life is a juggling act and when you’re a mom with two kids and a hubby and a blog it’s even more of a juggling act so this year I’m concentrating on creating more balance in my life.
Now let’s move on to house goals.
2013 House Goals Update
First let’s take a look at how I did with my 2013 House Goals. Did I get all my goals accomplished?
I even had landscaping on that list but I’m just removing that altogether. My goals are interior based this year, ha!
2014 House Goals
1. Fix that darn cabinet my son keyed! I think it will be a blessing in disguise as I’d like to make it into a chippy white cabinet anyway.
2. Refinish that free leather ottoman. It’s currently covered with a big faux fur blanket so I often forget something needs to be done with it.
3. Finish decorating my son’s room. Possibly repaint the walls?
4. Finish doing something with my laundry room. I need to look into proper storage for sorting our clothes etc. It’s a big room but I need to come up with a better storage system. Also, some sort of backsplash would be nice!
5. Remove long baby gate in the family room, Thomas Train table and add a few DIY goodies I have in store for that room! We have a playroom in the basement now so I’d like to utilize it more.
I have about 1532 other items that I’d like to add to that list but let’s leave it at 5 so we can try to get them accomplished, mmmkay?
What about you? Do you have goals for your house this year?
Or personal New Year’s resolutions?
& Savvy Southern Style & Jennifer Rizzo & Common Ground & City Farmhouse & The Scoop & Home Stories A to Z & My Repurposed Life & Between Naps On The Porch & The Dedicated House & A Stroll Thru Life & Coastal Charm & Finding Silver Pennies