This blueberry streusel crumb is so moist and delicious and perfect with the glaze!
I had a recipe for a blueberry cake like this years ago and lost it. Lately I have been making my hot milk cake which I love but I miss my blueberry streusel crumb cake! I’ve been making a few blueberry recipes lately and I think I finally came up with the recipe that I lost. You’re going to love this!
Use a pastry blender or a fork to blend the butter into the flour and sugar. I used my fingers to get it well incorporated too.
Blend in the rest of the recipe while you are beating the 2 egg whites to peaks.
When the blueberry streusel cake comes out of the oven everyone will run to the kitchen as it smells amazing, and tastes even better!
Doesn’t it look delicious? Be sure to download the recipe below!
Blueberry Streusel Crumb Cake
For the cake:
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, cold cut into chunks
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (if butter unsalted)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cold cut into chunks
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup icing (powdered) sugar
- 2-3 tsp milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F and grease and flour 9×13 pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar and butter with a pastry blender and/or hands.
- Blend in baking powder, salt, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until they form firm peaks.
- Gently fold in egg whites into batter and pour into prepared pan.
- Add blueberries over the batter.
Make the topping:
- Mix together the ingredients with a pastry blender and/or hands.
- Add over top of blueberries.
Make the glaze:
- Mix together and drizzle over warm cake.
Make sure to pin it for later!