Wow the one you love with DIY clay Valentine hearts and garland!
You probably know by now that I’m not a big crazy fan of red and love neutrals so this clay heart garland is perfect for decorating for Valentine’s Day in a neutral way.
And I love pink too so I added a few pink touches to these clay tags. These clay hearts and tags are easy and fun to make for Valentine’s Day and have less calories than chocolate, ha!
Here’s what you’ll need.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click to read my full disclosure policy.
- oven bake clay (I used this brand)
- rolling pin
- cookie cutters
- alphabet stamps
- different tools around the house to make any design you want
- cookie sheet
1. Play with your clay until it becomes soft. Roll it out on a flat surface with a rolling pin (roll it out onto parchment paper then you can put the parchment paper on a baking sheet with the clay).
2. Cut into desired shapes. Use different tools or textures to create unique pieces.
3. If you running string through them, poke a hole at the top.
4. Smooth edges with your fingers before baking.
5. Follow the directions on the package. I baked mine at 275 deg F for 30 minutes.
6. Let cool. Color, paint, draw on your clay!
I love how it turned out! I left my large hearts white because, well, I love white.
For the clay banner, I used a fine pink felt to fill in the hearts and arrows I made.
For this heart, I pressed twine around the edges.
And for this heart, I pressed it into a metal basket.
Are you inspired to make your own Valentine’s?
Click in Case You Missed: