Christmas time always makes me think shortbread and today I am sharing with you the easiest shortbread cookie recipe ever!
Today I’m sharing with you my recipe for the EASIEST most delicios shortbread recipe ever!
Shortbread only has three ingredients but can be difficult to make. With three ingredients, you think that it would be easy. Well this recipe is easy and delicious.
Did you notice the cute holiday saying on the cookie?
I love these cute message in a cookie cookie cutters, don’t you? I bought them at Williams-Sonoma years ago. They don’t sell them anymore but I found the same ones here and they are inexpensive!
Aren’t they adorable? This will sure to be a family cookie favorite and you won’t mind making them since they are so easy!
Be sure to download the recipe below.
Easiest Shortbread Cookie Recipe Ever
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sifted icing sugar/powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling out
- Preheat oven to 300 deg F.
- Place butter in a large bowl or mixer.
- Gradually beat in sugar until smooth and creamy, mix well.
- Stir in 2 cups of flour just until incorporated, don’t overmix!
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness, one part at a time.
- Cut shapes with cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies turn light golden colour, about 10-12 minutes.
- Slide onto racks to cool.
- Store in covered container or fridge for one month! They can be frozen but texture will soften.
Make sure to pin it for later!