Jute and Glitter Wreaths
I have made the most perfect Christmas wreaths with jute and glitter.
I love jute webbing and decided to make holiday wreaths with it to get it that vintage or French feel.
I also added a wooden sign with glitter to the Christmas wreath for a bit of holiday glam!
I like my DIY projects to be simple yet beautiful. Here’s what you need:
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click to read my full disclosure policy.
- jute webbing
- styrofoam wreaths
- hot glue gun and sticks
- wooden Christmas words/letters – here are some examples: JOY / Merry Christmas / Peace / Believe
- white glue or glitter glue (I’ve tried both and don’t find a difference between the two)
- small paintbrush
- gold glitter (I used Martha Stewart but here is a similar one)
1. Wrap some jute webbing over the wreath leaving an overlap of about 1-2 inches and cut. You’ll need approximately 12 pieces cut.
2. Hot glue the jute piece around the wreath and hold in place for a few seconds.
3. Leave the overhang and hot glue a few more pieces around the wreath making sure to overlap the previous piece.
4. Once you have a few in place, cut slits into the overhang and hot glue each slit into place.
5. Paint glue over front of the wooden sign and sprinkle glitter over and let dry. Hot glue it onto the wreath.
I love these jute wreaths! So simple and holiday rustic with a little bit of glam.
And perfect for the Christmas season.
I hope you enjoy making these jute and glitter wreaths this holiday season!
Make sure to pin it for later!
click in case you missed:
30+ Unique Christmas Decorating Ideas
I love the addition of glitter to your wreath! It looks fantastic!
Angela @ Number Fifty-Three
Thanks so much, Angela!
Adorable and they are perfect on your wooden doors!
Thanks so much, Kelley!
So pretty Jamie- I love the glittery letters against the burlap. Such a pretty contrast and the simplicity of it is lovely. Fun to work with you on this wreath hop today!! Have a great week:)
Thanks Krista! So fun working with you too. Love your wreath 😉
I love your wreaths. I just bought a bunch of jute webbing so I know what I’m going to be doing with some of it. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks so much!
Hey Jamie! It’s Deonna from the Child at Heart blog! I love this post and would love for you to link up to the Merriest Blog Hop and share your creations!
Oh I love this idea, they are both so beautiful. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty
Thanks Marty 😉
I love these! I saw that ribbon at Michael’s and knew I should pick it up even though I didn’t have a specific idea in mind! I need to make one of these wreaths!
Yes, they are so easy! Thanks for stopping by 😉
Such fun wreaths, Jamie! x
Thanks Danielle. They were fun to make.