The day of love, Valentine’s Day, and nothing makes it more special than my big heart cookie recipe!
Every year I make this big decorated heart cookie for Valentine’s Day. I used to make a heart cake using one square pan and one circular pan and cutting the circle cake in half to create a heart. But then when I came across this heart cookie pan, I switched from making a heart cake to a delicious cookie heart!
The kids look forward to it every year and it’s super easy to make, which is always the best, right?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My all-time favorite chocolate chip recipe is the one from the Hershey’s Chipits bag. I’ll leave the recipe below for your convenience.
I use my mixer every time I bake so I can whip these Valentines cookies up in no time.
Once you have ingredients blended, you’ll want to press the whole amount into the heart-shaped pan.
Normally you don’t need to grease your cookie sheet but I made sure to grease this sheet very well to prevent sticking.
Shop Kitchen Items
Afterwards I piped some pretty flowers around the edge of the cookie and an I Love You in the middle with a store bought pink icing tube.
Be sure to download the delicious recipe below.
Valentine’s Day Big Heart Cookie Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 deg F
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy
- Add eggs, beat well
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Press into greased heart-shaped cookie pan
- Bake for 25-30 min until lightly golden brown
Make sure to pin it for later!