The day of love, Valentine’s Day, and nothing makes it more special than my big heart cookie recipe!
Every year I make this big heart cookie for Valentine’s Day. I used to make a heart cake using one square pan and one circular pan and cutting the circle cake in half to create a heart. But then when I came across this heart cookie pan, I switched from making a heart cake to a cookie heart!
The kids look forward to it every year and it’s super easy to make, which is always the best, right?
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click to read my full disclosure policy.
My all-time favorite chocolate chip recipe is the one from the Hershey’s Chipits bag. I’ll leave the recipe below for your convenience.
I use my mixer every time I bake so I can whip these up in no time.
Once you have ingredients blended, you’ll want to press the whole amount into the heart-shaped pan.
Normally you don’t need to grease your cookie sheet but I made sure to grease this sheet very well to prevent sticking.
Shop Kitchen Items
Afterwards I piped some flowers around the edge and an I Love You in the middle with a store bought icing tube.
Be sure to download the delicious recipe below.
Valentine’s Day Big Heart Cookie Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 deg F
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy
- Add eggs, beat well
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Press into greased heart-shaped cookie pan
- Bake for 25-30 min until lightly golden brown
Make sure to pin it for later!