How to transform a silver platter into a framed piece of artwork with free pretty spring flower printables!
It’s officially spring in my living room with this beautiful gallery wall of silver platters and spring flowers. I’m always looking for unique ways to display art in my home.
I have been collecting these exquisite silver platters for quite some time and had built up a stunning collection and I knew I wanted to display them in a unique way.
This pretty gallery wall display gives such impact and it is so easy!
I’m participating today in a spring printables blog hop hosted by Kristen from Ella Claire Inspired. Be sure to visit the 27 other bloggers at the end of this post for more free printables!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click to read my full disclosure policy.
1. Silver Platters as Wall Art
Some of these platters are real silver and some are faux. I painted the centres of each platter. You definitely don’t have to paint them. The silver platters themselves on the wall would look gorgeous!
I just wanted to do something unique to them. Like wood furniture, you have to decide if you’d love them painted or left original. It’s up to you to decide!
- Apply painter’s tape to the edges of each platter. Make sure you apply the tape to the area that you don’t want sprayed.
- Spray the middle of the platters with the chalkboard paint in a well ventilated area (like outside or in a garage). Spray 1-2 coats.
- Once dry, peel off the painter’s tape (you can also peel off the painter’s tape when the paint is still wet too but if you need to repaint some areas, reapplying the painter’s tape will be a pain.
- Stick velcro Command Strips onto the backs of the platters. Peel off the wall side of the tape and press into place onto the wall.
- I started with the centre platter, then added platters from the 4 corners of the first platter and finally the three small ones to fill it in.
2. Spring Flowers Art
- Print the spring flower printable onto card stock and cut to the shape you want. I used a bowl to make a perfect circle around the flowers.
- Using double-sided tape, add to middle of platter.
I think they turned out so pretty.
It’s just a little pop of color against the black and silver that looks so spring-like.
The different patinas of the silver look so pretty too.
I have a full spring tour tomorrow that you won’t want to miss that shows more of my living room and dining room all decorated for spring!
Now be sure to check out all the printables my friends have for you to download for free!
To download these printables, subscribe to my newsletter.
If you are already a subscriber, you’ll have access to the printable in your inbox.
CHECK OUT THIS SHORT VIDEO ON MY SPRING TOUR:
Make sure to pin it for later!
Click in Case You Missed:
French May Day Flower Cones by Ella Claire | Floral Envelope Liners by Boxwood Avenue | Spring Bunny Cards by Julie Blanner | Spring Flowers in Watering Can by Live Laugh Rowe | Bird and Branch by Craftberry Bush
Spring Napkin Rings by Zevy Joy | There are Always Flowers by Clean and Scentsible | Nest Watercolor by Finding Silver Pennies | Watercolor Vegetables by My Someday in May | Spring Farmer’s Market by Nest of Posies
Set of 6 Herb Printables by Cherished Bliss | Must Have Flowers by A Burst of Beautiful | Spring Notecards by My Fabuless Life | Spring Bunnies by Kelly Elko | Spring is Sure to Follow by The Happy Housie
Spring Fern by Making Home Base | Spring Definition by Design Dining and Diapers | Welcome Spring by My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia | Dive Into Spring Straw Toppers by My Sweet Savannah | Hope Springs Eternal by Maison de Pax
Vintage Rose Fortune Cookie by Paint Me Pink | Spring is Sure to Follow by Nina Hendrick Design Co. | The Rose Song Lyrics Chalkboard by TIDBITS | Perhaps Today by Unskinny Boppy | Watercolor Tulips by Refresh Restyle