I have been dying to use the printable cotton canvas through Silhouette. Did you know you that the Silhouette Cameo cuts fabric? So cool.
I switched my regular blade to my fabric blade and got to work.
Let me show you the goodies I made today!
I wanted to make some bags for my kids using plain cotton canvas bags. I also wanted some French magnets for my office so I thought I’d make both at the same time. Here we go!
- Silhouette Cameo machine
- printable cotton canvas
- color printer
- adhesive magnet paper
- cotton bags
- fabric blade
- sewing machine (optional)
Read my newbie Silhouette tutorial HERE
3. Next feed your printed cotton canvas sheet on the cutting mat into your Silhouette Cameo machine.
4. Following the instructions, I cut the circles at no.3 blade setting but I had to cut over it twice so I could probably use it at no.4.
5. Then take your adhesive magnet paper and press cut with your same design.
6. I decided not to cut out the ballet slippers with the Silhouette so I just highlighted the ballet slippers image and click uncut.
7. The cotton canvas and magnet paper both have adhesive sides so it is doubly sticky 😉 Stick both together and you’re done the magnets!
8. For the little canvas bags, I printed a grey anchor image in a few different sizes. I went with the smaller one. It’s about 4×6 inches.
(These are the little white canvas bags I purchased at a local craft store.)
9. I just cut the anchor with a paper cutter but you could also use your Silhouette machine.
10. Peel the adhesive backing off and place in the image in the middle of your canvas bag.
11. They look adorable as is but I really wanted to ensure they would stay on the bag so I got out my sewing machine and just stitched the image to the bag.
I love how they turned out!!
My daughter just started ballet and carries a little bag for her ballet slippers. She’s going to LOVE carrying this bag.
I love simple projects that turn out adorable, don’t you?
And my little ballerina is adorable too.
*Affiliate links added. Please read my disclosure policy page.