Superhero Skyline Backdrop
My son had a fantastic time at his 5th birthday party this year. Superhero theme, of course.
I wanted to make one of those cool backdrops I’ve been seeing around blogland for quite some time where the kids (or dads) can act like they are flying over the city just like Superman.
I’m showing you how I made mine today. It was really easy and fun to make!
Here is what you’ll need to make it…
- colored tape
- black craft/acrylic paint
- foam brush
- queen size blue sheet
- quilting batting for clouds
1. Cut cardboard shapes from a box in various building rectangle shapes.
2. Paint one side with black paint. I just used one coat but you could definitely paint a few coats on it.
3. Cut various rectangles of the colored packing tape to mimic lights on in a building. I like how the Scotch Expressions tape shines like actual lights in a building.
4. Eyeball it to make sure the “lights” are level like the floors of a building.
5. The blue sheet acts as the sky.
6. Cut the quilting batting into cloud shapes and just lay on the sheet. Everything just sits on top of the sheet so it makes it easy for transport.
To see more about the Superhero Birthday Party (including Spiderman tablecloths, water bottle labels and more, click here.
To see how I iced and decorated the cake like a pro, click here.