This packing list printable for a tropical family vacation is the perfect list for packing for your next vacation.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click to read my full disclosure policy.
We just got back from our family trip to Mexico last week and we all had such a great time. With all the travel tips still fresh in my mind, I thought I’d share them with you in a free printable packing list!
There were a couple things I forgot (like my toothbrush!) that I wanted to make a packing list so I didn’t forget next time. And packing for a tropical vacation with the kids seems like an easy task but to make your trip more relaxing, follow my tips to have the BEST trip ever!
Best Travel Items
Here are some amazing travel items we can’t travel without:
- this year I bought packing cubes (I’ve linked the exact ones I bought and each set comes with a laundry bag!) for our suitcases and they were a lifesaver! There’s nothing worse than digging through a whole suitcase full of clothes to find an item so I bought each of us a set in a different color so we would know which stuff belonged to who. For example: I had green packing cubes so in the small cube I put in socks and underwear, swim suits and cover-ups in the next packing cube and so on. We all knew which cube was for. And when it came time to pack up for home, I designated some cubes just for dirty laundry that way some cubes of clean clothing could just get put away when we got home.
- my kids hate wearing headphones on the plane so I found these headphones that look like a headband! My daughter loved them and when she fell asleep in them, they didn’t need to come off.
- we always bring packs of Emergen C with us. We just ask for a cup of water and pour the pack in and drink. Or you can just buy these chewable tablets!
- my kids love having a blanket on the plane but I don’t like the bulk so I put one of my sarongs in their backpacks! A turkish towel works too.
- water shoes – we couldn’t live without these when we visited Xel-Ha this year. It’s a natural waterpark where went snorkelling, go zip-lining, cliff jumping, water-sliding, and swam in cenotes and we all had water shoes that saved us (or else you had to go barefoot!).
My printable shares a whole section of what to bring in the carry-ons, what to pack in your suitcases and what you need to bring in your travel purse/tote.
I’ve travelled a lot and when you travel without kids, it’s easy. When you travel with kids, it can be challenging IF you don’t have everything organized. With these tips, I know you’ll have the best tropical family vacation together!
To download this printable, subscribe to my newsletter.
If you are already a subscriber, you’ll have access to the printable in your inbox.
Make sure to pin it for later!