These are the best cornbread muffins with just the right amount of sweetness.
I love cornbread! I’ve tried so many cornbread recipes and I’m not really a fan of the ones that don’t have any sweetness to them, but I also don’t like cornbread that is too sweet. I’ve played with a number of different recipes to come up with my own best sweet cornbread muffin recipe. We’ve never eaten so much cornbread in this house before!
I made them into delicious muffins for easy grab and go snacks.
I know your family will love them as much as my family does! Be sure to download the recipe below.
Sweet Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners or grease.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in egg, milk and melted butter until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Have fun baking!
Make sure to pin it for later!