I’m having so much fun decorating our not-so-rustic cabin in the woods.
It’s turned into being not-so rustic because almost everything is new. We hadn’t intended it to be that way but we found a bunch of deficiencies once we started taking up the floors so we thought we should just do a majority of the work at the get-go. It also helped that this is our second home so we didn’t have to live during the construction. The negative is that it is a bit far away so coordinating the renovation has been a bit challenging but the trades we’ve picked have been doing amazing work!
There’s a few things that I would definitely change in any big or small renovation and one is LIGHT FIXTURES.
It can change a whole room!
Here is the kitchen before.
The eating area can hold a big space so it demands a big chandelier.
Such a big difference!
I love this one from SUPPLY.com. They have soooooo many light fixtures to choose from it took me awhile to finally decide on one (like what I wrote about here) and I couldn’t be happier with my decision.
I love the bubbly glass globes on it. So pretty. They throw off a little sparkle in the room too.
Love the detail in the glass.
The other items in the eating area I’ve had for many years like this rustic table and gold and black mirror. They go so well with the chandelier.
The room looks a little sparse but I really want to keep it this way and not add much more.
I really want the cabin to be a calm and serene place to visit.
I think we’re off to a great start!
Check out SUPPLY.com for all your lighting, faucet and plumbing needs.
What’s Left To Do in the Kitchen:
- Add custom rustic shelves over subway tile
- Replace broken dishwasher
- Window coverings
- Kitchen chandelier: SUPPLY.com chandelier
- Wall color: Behr Marquee Varnished Ivory
- Custom kitchen cabinets: DSP Kitchens
- Countertops: quartz, local retailer (trying to get name of quartz I picked)
- Subway Tile: Ames Tile
- Faucet: Home Depot*
- Wood-look ceramic tile: Nufloors (Forest Rain in the Pluie colour from the Casa Roma collection)
- Kitchen cabinet handles: Richelieu
- Rustic table: Craigslist find
- Mirror: bought at a local shop about 15 years ago
- White chairs: Ikea
Disclosure: Thank you, SUPPLY.com for the beautiful chandelier. All opinions are 100% my own.
* Affiliate links added