These lemon coconut shortbread bars are simple and quick to make, and everyone loves to eat them!
I hosted a party last week and today I’m sharing with you a yummy dessert I made, lemon coconut shortbread bars that are perfect for any party or celebration.
Because I love to bake, I always make a homemade good for an event and the appetizers I provide are usually very simple.
I was given the beautiful Kitchen Wedge in maple from Polder’s Old World Market.
The lemon bars have this delicious tang offset by some sweetness, that no one can resist!
Be sure to download this delicious lemon coconut shortbread bar recipe.
Lemon Coconut Shortbread Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Lightly butter 9×13 baking pan.
- Stir 1 cup flour with coconut and icing sugar in large bowl.
- Cut in butter using pastry blender or two knives until they resemble large crumbs.
- Turn into baking pan and press evenly over bottom (will be thin).
- Bake in centre of oven until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk eggs with lemon juice in large bowl.
- Stir flour and sugar together then whisk into eggs.
- Pour over hot baked crust.
- Reduce oven to 325 deg F.
- Bake in centre of oven until filling set when pan is jiggled about 30-35 min.
- Cool on a rack.
- Sprinkle with sifted icing sugar and cut into squares.
- *Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Cover with foil and freeze up to 1 month.
Make sure to pin it for later!