These breakfast muffins are so quick and easy to make and to just grab and go inthe morning. And they’re healthy!
I’ve been on a mission lately for my family to eat more vegetables at every meal and for breakfast, these muffins do just the trick!
These muffins are so packed with goodness and my family just loves them. You can easily double the recipe and freeze them to have on hand for busy mornings.
They can be made with two bowls and just stirring by hand. It’s perfect time to get the kids involved. They love shredding the veggies with the Cuisinart.
They’re packed with healthy ingredients like flax, wholewheat flour, applesauce, carrots and zucchini.
Make sure to print the recipe below!
Healthy Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened smooth applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shreadded carrots (3-4 large carrots)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (1 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with nonstick spray. This recipe makes 14-16 muffins.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and flax together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, honey, oil, applesauce and vanilla until combined. Whisk in the carrots and apples. Pour all into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners filling them to the top.
- Bake for about 25 min. Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin sheet then transfer to to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover leftover muffins and store at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Make sure to pin it for later!