This blueberry coffee cake is so moist and delicious, you’ll love it!
I love a good coffee cake with a nice crumble on top and this one with fresh blueberries is so delicious and easy to make.
It’s the perfect time to make something with those fresh blueberries but frozen blueberries will work just fine too.
Perfect with a cup of coffee or a cup of tea.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups blueberries
For the crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cold cut into chunks
Make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Grease and flour 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in blueberries by hand.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
Make the crumb topping:
- Mix dry ingredients together and cut in butter with pastry blender or hands.
- Spread crumble bits over batter.
- Bake for 45-50 min.
Hope you enjoy this blueberry coffee cake!
Make sure to pin it for later!