Make this ruffled ombre tissue heart box for your Valentine this year.
I know, I am on a complete roll with the Valentine’s Day projects this year. I promise this is the last one!
Although on Monday I may have a recipe for you that you can make for Valentine’s Day…or not. It’s up to you.
But I keep coming up with all these ideas and when the creativity is flowing, it’s best to just keep going.
These ruffled ombre tissue heart boxes are super cute and really easy to make.
Let me show you how I did it.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click to read my full disclosure policy.
- Mod Podge in matte finish or white glue
- foam brush
- cardboard heart boxes
- ombre pink tissue paper
- Valentine candy
- Gather all your supplies.
2. Cut the tissue paper in long strips where it’s folded. This tissue paper was folded at 4 1/2 inches wide.
3. Squirt some Mod Podge in a paper plate and with a foam brush brush it on the outside edge of the heart box. Let is sit for about 30 seconds so it gets a bit tacky.
4. Starting in the top seam, press a strip of tissue paper right to the bottom edge and let the tissue overhang at the top part of the heart. Pressing and smoothing the issue gently as you go.
5. Cut the excess tissue off and leave a bit to overhang and glue into place.
6. Add some dabs of Mod Podge to the interior of the heart box then tuck the tissue paper in.
7. Be sure to leave it in a ruffled state. The glue will keep a bit of it stuck in place on the bottom.
8. Repeat the steps for the lid but keep the edge to the top of the heart and the overhang to the underpart of the lid.
9. Cut off the excess, glue the inside sides and tuck into place. Mod Podge will dry clear.
10. Next brush glue to the top of the lid.
11. Press a scrap piece of the ombre tissue over the top, smoothing out the creases, making sure to leave enough overhang for the ruffle on all sides.
12. Cut the excess edges with scissors in a wavy pattern to create the ruffles.
13. Fill your heart box with candies and give it to your Valentine!
Aren’t they the sweetest? I’m going to give them to the teachers this year and some friends and of course my Valentine.
I think the ombre tissue really makes it special along with the ruffles of course.
I hope you try to make these cute ruffled ombre tissue heart boxes.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Click in Case You Missed: