Be sure to see how I decorated my dining room and table for Christmas this year with mixes of different plaids.
Decorating with plaids has been so fun this year! I started with my mantel, then the rest of my living room, the kitchen and today I’m showing you my table setting in the dining room like you would for Christmas morning.
I’m also participating in our Canadian Bloggers Christmas Home Tour hosted by Christina of The DIY Mommy and Shannon of Home Made Lovely. So be sure to follow along with all the tours this week (at the end of this post).
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click to read my full disclosure policy.
(that one is currently sold out but here is a similar one)
I made sure each table setting had one of my DIY Christmas crackers. I still love my vintage Christmas plates from Pottery Barn but they don’t sell them anymore but I found these nostalgic ones that I love just as much.
For an easy table setting centrepiece, I added a plaid scarf to the bottom of a dough bowl with some wrapped gifts in plaid paper and ribbon along with some pinecones.
Tree and Wreaths
I added wire (I just used picture hanging wire) to the base of the crown so it would stay put where I wanted on the tree.
I added minimal decorations on my tree along with the glittery letters M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S but it’s kind of hard to see in the photo. I bough the letters a couple of years ago at Michael’s but they have similar ones on sale at Pottery Barn.
I still have the same trees that I bought two years ago but this year I switched them around so the living room tree is now in the dining room.
I love turning our pre-lit Christmas tree lights on with the Tree Mote. You just plug your tree into the adapter and the remote turns it off and on! No more searching to unplug the lights from behind the tree!
I love the eucalyptus wreaths I bought this year too. I was worried they would look too fake but I’m so impressed how good they look for such a great price!
(the wreaths have sold out currently but here is a similar one at the same great price!)
- similar nostalgic plates
- blanket scarf as tablecloth (sold out but here is similar one)
- dough bowl
- reversible plaid gift wrap
- DIY Christmas crackers
- crown as tree topper
- eucalyptus wreaths (sold out but here is a similar one)
- Merry Christmas glitter letters
- Tree Mote (turn Christmas lights off and on with a remote)
- Dining table – Renaissance Home (found a similar table at Wayfair)
- Dining chairs – Renaissance Home (found the same at Wayfair)
- Chandelier – Aidan Gray 6 light candle chandelier at Wayfair or Kathy Kuo
- Bar cart – Soft Surroundings
- Mora clock – Restoration Hardware outlet
- Gold mirror – project from my book, French Vintage Decor
- Bookshelf – came with house
I hope you enjoyed my Christmas plaid dining room and table setting. Now be sure to visit my Canadian friends all this week.
Make sure to pin it for later!