This green, pink and gold French girl’s bedroom is so dreamy and my daughter loves it!
We kinda secretly want to have a little girl so we can dress them up in pretty dresses and decorate their room all girly, right? I’m not very girly but I couldn’t wait to decorate my daughter’s room with girly French details. I loved using color in her room with greens, pinks and golds that totally made this a very French, Marie Antoinette-like girl’s bedroom.
Here is what the room looked like before when I first toured the house.
The bedroom did have hardwood flooring but every room was different and I wanted it all consistent. I opted for plush creamy carpet for each of the bedrooms.
You’ve already seen her room on Instagram stories but play along with me as I share what needed/still needs to get done in her room.
I’ve already painted this dresser and added piping detail along the sides with a new technique I made using drywall mud. You can find the full tutorial here.
The To Do List:
- Hang wallpaper – done. You can see the wallpaper tutorial here
- Place the bed in front of the wallpapered wall – done
- Paint green dresser – done. You can see how I added piping using drywall mud to the dresser for a unique French twist!
- Paint the matching vanity the same – done
- Decoupage wallpaper onto night table – done! You can see this project in my new book, French Vintage Decor!
- Hang chandelier – done
- Hang mirror above the vanity – done
- Paint frames gold – done
- Add French artwork to the gold frames – done
- Sew pink taffeta curtains with blackout lining and add no-sew pink pleats – done
- Add pink velvet chair – done
- Add floral garland above the bed – done! You can find this project in my new book too.
Click in Case You Missed: