This green, pink and gold French girl’s bedroom is so dreamy and my daughter loves it!
We kinda secretly want to have a little girl so we can dress them up in pretty dresses and decorate their room all girly, right? I’m not very girly but I couldn’t wait to decorate my daughter’s room with girly French details. I loved using color in her room with greens, pinks and golds that totally made this a very French, Marie Antoinette-like girl’s bedroom.
Here is what the room looked like before when I first toured the house.
The bedroom did have hardwood flooring but every room was different and I wanted it all consistent. I opted for plush creamy carpet for each of the bedrooms.
You’ve already seen her room on Instagram stories but play along with me as I share what needed/still needs to get done in her room.
I’ve already painted this dresser and added piping detail along the sides with a new technique I made using drywall mud. You can find the full tutorial here.
The To Do List:
- Hang wallpaper – done! I’ll share a tutorial soon
- Place the bed in front of the wallpapered wall – done!
- Paint green dresser – done! You can see how I added piping using drywall mud to the dresser for a unique French twist!
- Paint the matching vanity the same
- Decoupage wallpaper onto night table – done! You can see this project in my new book, French Vintage Decor!
- Hang chandelier – done!
- Hang mirror above the vanity
- Paint frames gold
- Add French artwork to the gold frames
- Sew pink taffeta curtains
- Add pink velvet chair
- Add floral garland above the bed – done! You can find this project in my new book too.
I’ll be sharing all the details of this Green, Pink and Gold French girl’s bedroom with you this summer along with the finishing touches of my son’s bedroom too!